Sunday, June 17, 2007

Battle Scars

Finally came home from soccer this evening.

After five soccer games I came out with two cut up knees which at one point my leg was covered in blood (ha, it was nice) , two friction burned shoulders, a jammed finger (which I promptly 'unjammed' during the game), and plenty of bruises.

And I have to say...

I enjoyed every second of it.

Masochist?

Maybe.

I think it makes me feel more alive than anything else, but I got those injuries by helping my team, so that was even more rewarding to have physical proof that I contributed.

Ergh, I'm sore at the moment though plus I have a Cal II test tomorrow morning.

End blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as strange as this is probably going to sound, i can understand how that goes. obviously less-so in recent years than when i was an athelete, but i can also see more as to why you enjoy soccer. i'm glad that you're able to play and feel 'refreshed' (for lack of a better word) afterwards ^_^