Tuesday, March 25, 2008

But What Should I Do Once I Know Everything?

More eventful Spring Break than I had anticipated.

The day after Fort Payne, I went for Confession. It was actually less painful than I had anticipated. In a way I almost felt comforted... Absolution isn't bad either. Had lunch with my sponsor. Did my penance. I had some down time between then and Holy Thursday service so I called a few people up and went to Monte Sano.

Me, Anne, Derek, and Stephanie all went up there. Had a blast. Got in a lot of playtime with my machete. Towards the end of our walk/hike Derek found a snake and kept it for the remainder of the walk/hike. Didn't have enough time to go back to the dorms for my car, so Anne drove me to Saint Mary's and we all went to Holy Thursday service. It was great. Went back home that night.

My grandmother's condition got worse. Spent a few hours with her at the hospital. It tore me apart to see her like that. It reminded me so much of my other grandmother last year when she was in ICU. Oxygen, antibiotic, saline, and morphine. She was drifting in and out of consciousness, but she was still aware of her surroundings. Went to Good Friday service and stayed up here.

Saturday night I got confirmed at the Easter Vigil mass. Mom was still upset when I saw her before the service. She was crying... I hate seeing my mother upset... It makes me feel so helpless.

News came back and the tumor that was on my grandmother's colon was malignant.

Got a call from Mom today saying that there was no sign of the cancer spreading anywhere else, so my grandmother should be alright. So, I am very grateful for that. Right now I am worked hard until Friday when I get to go to the Paramore concert. That should be some incentive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to miss the monte sano trip, though i'm glad you had fun.

and *hug*