Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Blood, Sweat, and Glory

Our first soccer practice for Regionals was today and I have to admit that I was very excited. Our team looks promising even though we will have a minimal amount of subs. Two of our players will not be attending, but we picked up three new players from a team we defeated in State. The new players will strengthen our offense primarily, so that is good news for the other main striker. Our coach even told us that we are among the top 100 teams in the country at the moment which gave us all more encouragement.

I want to tell her so bad... I don't brag. In fact I don't even think she knows that I shut-out all the goals at State. Maybe if I come back a hero from something even bigger than State she will love me for it. I find myself constantly trying to think of ways to win her approval. Pointless? Possibly, but it drives me to work harder. I remember her saying that soccer was stupid and a waste of time and that I never got anything from it. True, I may not have had the chance to play for the college team, but in those brief 45 minute halves I'm free... When I'm out on the field nothing can touch me.

Anyway...

In about two weeks I will be given a chance to prove myself.

We may not have many players, and we may not all be from the same area, but I think if we stand together that we will win this tournament.

3 comments:

Andrew Adrian said...

When I'm out on the field nothing can touch me.
Isn't that a bad thing when you're goalie? :D

V said...

You know what I mean, mister.

Anonymous said...

soccer is important to you for a very good reason. it's unfortunate that she could never understand, or care to understand, that.