Monday, April 21, 2008

Just Like Heaven

I can't keep living for a dream. That bridge was burned a year ago... I still feel like there's a hole in my chest and that a big part of me was ripped away. Can I love someone as I did before? Probably not. I'm not so naive anymore. But maybe someone can make things a bit more 'bearable'... And hell, maybe I can be 'fixed'.

So, as with Jon's entry, I decided to make a list of qualities and 'types' if you will that would be desired for a relationship. Granted, you don't chose who you fall in love with, however these are the types of people I prefer.

The Cheerleader/Model
  • Extroverted
  • Extremely feminine
  • Very affectionate
  • Pure/Carefree attitude
  • Readily takes the initiative
  • Energetic
  • More apt to 'hang out'
  • More "preppy" in appearance
  • Not necessarily book smart, but decently street smart
  • Willing to cook if I'm willing to clean
  • Sickeningly devoted to me (Think Misa to Light here Death Note fans)

The Art/Indie Girl
  • Artistic
  • Once again, feminine
  • More likely to enjoy nature
  • "Scene" or "indie" in appearance
  • Listens to similar music or at least respects mine
  • Well versed in pop culture
  • Fashion savvy
  • Relatively smart
  • Able to carry on philosophical conversations
  • Familiar with classic literature


Must Have Attributes for All
  • First and foremost: Love-No point in having a relationship without it
  • Loyalty-Not a fan of cheating
  • Honesty/Trust-Don't give me a reason to doubt you
  • Decent appearance-Don't mean to sound like a vain ass, but if I'm working out to look decent for you, then I expect the same in return
  • Respect for family and friends-Parents can be a bit overbearing at times, but they mean well
  • Devotion-Taking time out of the day just to be in each other's company if only for a little while

It'd be nice to find a girl with these qualities, but I doubt one exists outside of old memories and dreams... Maybe when I die I'll see her again, maybe...

No comments: