Saturday, August 4, 2007

Parents

Let me give a disclaimer that this will be more of a rant than any sort of insight into life.

That being said let's get started...

I see so many ungrateful kids now today that it is disgusting.

Maybe it was because I was taught the importance of family at a young age that I feel this way, but honestly... why don't kids respect/honor/spend time with their parents?

I am mature enough to know that everything my parents did for me was out of love. I don't always agree with their decisions, but I know that they were always trying to protect me. I know this.

But today, for so many kids to bitch about their parents, it gets quite annoying really. Sometimes, yes, I know their whining is legitimate, but no matter what their blood still courses through your veins and nothing will ever change that.

Even as you grow-up: SPEND TIME WITH YOUR BLOODY PARENTS. They will not always be alive. Help them do things, watch t.v. with them, something! Do not look to them as a source of money rather than one of the most influential people in your life!

I don't care if you were given the worst parents in the world, they still gave birth to you and you still need to respect them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meh... i think i'm guilty in that area as well -_-;

the way i saw it was if a parent makes his/her child feel like they'd rather die than be alive, then the kid should be "excused" (for lack of a better word) from the parent. i dont mean that in the emo-whiney way, but in the actual severe abusive way.

although your way is much more nobler and better, as in the kid would be a better person if they did that.

i need to make self-improvements in this area, too